Potato chips, also known as crisps, are a popular snack food that is made from thin slices of potatoes that have been deep-fried. The potatoes are sliced using a mandoline or other slicing equipment, and the slices are then fried in oil until they become crispy and golden brown. Potato chips can be seasoned with a variety of spices and flavors, including salt, barbecue, sour cream and onion, cheese, and more. They are typically packaged in bags for convenience and are widely available in grocery stores, gas stations, and other retail outlets. According to the latest estimates, the global potato chips market is set to achieve an incremental growth of USD 8.1 billion, accelerating at a CAGR of almost 3.99% during the forecast period 2023-2029.
The report covers market size and growth, segmentation, regional breakdowns, competitive landscape, trends and strategies for global potato chips market. It presents a quantitative analysis of the market to enable stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities. The report also identifies top segments for opportunities and strategies based on market trends and leading competitors’ approaches.
This industry report offers market estimates and forecasts of the global market, followed by a detailed analysis of the type, category, distribution channel, and region. The global market for potato chips can be segmented by type: flavored, plain. According to the research, the flavored segment had the largest share in the global potato chips market. Potato chips market is further segmented by category: conventional, organic. In 2022, the conventional segment made up the largest share of revenue generated by the potato chips market. Based on distribution channel, the potato chips market is segmented into: store-based, non-store-based. Among these, the store-based segment was accounted for the highest revenue generator in 2022. On the basis of region, the potato chips market also can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, MEA (Middle East and Africa), Latin America. North America captured the largest share of the market in 2022.
By type: flavored, plain
By category: conventional, organic
By distribution channel: store-based, non-store-based
By region: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, MEA (Middle East and Africa), Latin America
The report also provides analysis of the key companies of the industry and their detailed company profiles including Calbee Inc., PepsiCo, Inc., Utz Quality Foods, Inc., The Kellogg Company, Intersnack Group GmbH & Co. KG, Lorenz Bahlsen Snack-World GmbH & Company KG , Herr Foods Inc., The Campbell Soup Company, among others. In this report, key players and their strategies are thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the market.
*REQUEST FREE SAMPLE TO GET A COMPLETE LIST OF COMPANIES
Scope of the Report
• To analyze and forecast the market size of the global potato chips market.
• To classify and forecast the global potato chips market based on type, category, distribution channel, region.
• To identify drivers and challenges for the global potato chips market.
• To examine competitive developments such as mergers & acquisitions, agreements, collaborations and partnerships, etc., in the global potato chips market.
• To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in the global potato chips market.
Why Choose This Report
• Gain a reliable outlook of the global potato chips market forecasts from 2023 to 2029 across scenarios.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Stay ahead of competitors through company profiles and market data.
• The market estimate for ease of analysis across scenarios in Excel format.
• Strategy consulting and research support for three months.
• Print authentication provided for the single-user license.