Collection Of Information
Your privacy is important to us and we have taken steps to ensure that we do not collect more information from you than is necessary for us to provide you with our services and to protect your account:
Information including user name, address, phone number, and email address, will be collected at the time of user registration on the sites.
If you choose to answer our supplemental questionnaires for registered members, we may also collect marital status, nationality, gender, date and/or year of birth, annual income, monthly spending and user preferences. If you prefer not to provide such information, the use of our services and products will not be affected.
If you contact our customer service, we may record your conversation with us and collect additional information to verify your identity.
In connection with any transaction and payment services, or services under our buyer protection schemes, information, including but not limited to, bank account numbers, billing and delivery information, credit/debit card numbers, expiration dates and security code and tracking information from cheques or money orders may be collected to facilitate the sale and purchase as well as the settlement of purchase price of the products or services transacted on or procured through the sites.
We record users’ buying and browsing activities on our platform including but not limited to IP addresses, browsing patterns, buyer behavioral patterns and equipment information. In addition, we gather statistical information about the sites and visitors to the sites including, but not limited to, IP addresses, browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions and unique visitors.
Certain data we collect may be defined as personal data under applicable data protection law (“Personal Data”).
To enable us to provide our services and products to users, users need to provide certain categories of data (which may include Personal Data), such as user name, address, phone number, and email address. If certain data is required, we will let you know at the time of collection. In the event that users do not provide sufficient data marked as necessary, we may not be able to complete the registration process or provide certain products or services.
Use Of Personal Data
We collect and use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- verifying your identity;
- verifying your eligibility to register as a user of the sites or processing your registration as a user, providing you with a log-in ID for the sites and maintaining and managing your registration;
- providing you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes;
- assessing account security and transaction risks of members, detecting and preventing fraud and other security incidents;
- personalizing our communication with you based on your browsing records, equipment information we collected and your order history, and performing research or statistical analysis in order to improve the content and layout of the sites, and to improve our product offerings and services, including, for example, using anonymized data for machine learning purposes;
- identifying, developing and marketing products and services that we believe you will value, including across browsers and devices, in accordance with applicable laws. Cookies or other similar technologies may be used to provide you with advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests (see section COOKIES below). Where we are required by applicable law, we will seek your consent prior to sending you communications for marketing purposes; and
We may also use your Personal Data for other purposes that are not incompatible with the purposes we have disclosed to you (such as archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes) if and where this is permitted by applicable data protection laws.
Disclosure Of Personal Data
- our business partners (for example, in order for them to provide you with discounts or offers that may interest you);
- credit risk assessment providers to conduct risk assessment on sellers to determine whether a seller can be permitted to make an advance withdrawal;
- cloud computing service providers to provide cloud storage services;
- risk control service providers to assess the security of members’ accounts and transaction risks.
These Service Providers must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are only permitted to use your Personal Data in connection with the purposes specified above, and not for their own purposes.
For the purposes specified above, we may share your Personal Data with affiliated companies and/or their designated Service Providers, which comprises a group of companies operating leading online and mobile marketplaces in consumer and business-to-business commerce, as well as cloud computing and other services.
When we believe it is necessary to comply with applicable laws or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights or protect your vital interests or those of any other person, we may also disclose and transfer your Personal Data to our professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory and other organizations, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws.
We may also disclose your Personal Data to any other person with your consent to the disclosure
We retain your Personal Data as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so for example to provide services or products to you, or as required or permitted by applicable laws, such as tax and accounting laws.
Information you submit to the sites for publication may be made publicly available on the sites and therefore accessible by any internet user. You should exercise caution when deciding what information you submit to us for publication.
We may provide aggregated or anonymized data to third parties, but when we do so, the information we share is in a de-identified format that does not personally identify you.
Rights Regarding Personal Data
Under the applicable laws, you may have the rights of access to Personal Data held by us and other rights. If you are a Visitor from the European Union, please refer to section I. VISITORS FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION below for more information.
If and to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge you a fee for the processing of any request you make regarding your Personal Data.
A “cookie” is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive. If you do not de-activate or erase the cookie, each time you use the same browser or mobile device to access the sites, our web servers will be notified of your visit to the sites and in turn we may have knowledge of your visit and the pattern of your usage. The cookies will enable us to remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it every time you use the site.
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. If you choose to set your web browser controls to reject cookies, you may still use our website though your access to some functionality and areas of our website may be restricted.
How To Contact Us