Global Algae Omega-3 Ingredients Market
Algae Omega-3 ingredients refer to a source of omega-3 fatty acids extracted from algae. These ingredients are a vegetarian and vegan-friendly alternative to traditional sources of omega-3, such as fish oil, and are becoming increasingly popular due to their potential health benefits and sustainability. Omega-3 fatty acids are essential nutrients that play a critical role in various bodily functions and are particularly important in maintaining heart and brain health. However, the body cannot produce omega-3 fatty acids on its own, so they must be obtained from external sources such as food or supplements. Algae Omega-3 ingredients are derived from microalgae and contain high levels of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which are the most beneficial types of omega-3 fatty acids for the body. These ingredients have been shown to provide the same health benefits as traditional fish oil sources of omega-3, including reducing inflammation, improving heart health, and supporting brain function. The global algae omega-3 ingredients market was estimated at USD 964.0 million in 2022 and is expected to hit USD 2,296.2 million by 2029, registering a CAGR of 13.2% from 2023 to 2029 as per the latest market estimates.
The report covers market size and growth, segmentation, regional breakdowns, competitive landscape, trends and strategies for global algae omega-3 ingredients market. It presents a quantitative analysis of the market to enable stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities. The report also identifies top segments for opportunities and strategies based on market trends and leading competitors’ approaches.
This industry report offers market estimates and forecasts of the global market, followed by a detailed analysis of the type, application, and region. The global market for algae omega-3 ingredients can be segmented by type: eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), EPA/DHA. Globally, the docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) segment made up the largest share of the algae omega-3 ingredients market. Algae omega-3 ingredients market is further segmented by application: functional food and beverage, infant formula, dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals, clinical nutrition, animal nutrition, others. The dietary supplements segment captured the largest share of the market in 2022. Based on region, the algae omega-3 ingredients market is segmented into: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, MEA (Middle East and Africa), Latin America. According to the research, Asia-Pacific had the largest share in the global algae omega-3 ingredients market.
By type: eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), EPA/DHA
By application: functional food and beverage, infant formula, dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals, clinical nutrition, animal nutrition, others
By region: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, MEA (Middle East and Africa), Latin America
The report also provides a detailed analysis of several leading algae omega-3 ingredients market vendors that include Archer Daniels Midland Company, Koninklijke DSM NV, Corbion NV, Neptune Wellness Solutions Inc., Lonza Group AG, BASF SE, among others. In this report, key players and their strategies are thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the market.
*REQUEST FREE SAMPLE TO GET A COMPLETE LIST OF COMPANIES
Scope of the Report
• To analyze and forecast the market size of the global algae omega-3 ingredients market.
• To classify and forecast the global algae omega-3 ingredients market based on type, application, region.
• To identify drivers and challenges for the global algae omega-3 ingredients market.
• To examine competitive developments such as mergers & acquisitions, agreements, collaborations and partnerships, etc., in the global algae omega-3 ingredients market.
• To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in the global algae omega-3 ingredients market.
Why Choose This Report
• Gain a reliable outlook of the global algae omega-3 ingredients market forecasts from 2023 to 2029 across scenarios.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Stay ahead of competitors through company profiles and market data.
• The market estimate for ease of analysis across scenarios in Excel format.
• Strategy consulting and research support for three months.
• Print authentication provided for the single-user license.
Global Algae Omega-3 Ingredients Market - Report Scope
Archer Daniels Midland Company, Koninklijke DSM NV, Corbion NV, Neptune Wellness Solutions Inc., Lonza Group AG, BASF SE