Active packaging employs technology that intentionally releases or absorbs compounds from the food or the headspace of food packaging, which extends the shelf life of products by stalling the degradative reactions of lipid oxidation, microbial growth, and moisture loss and gain better than traditional food packaging. On the other hand, intelligent packaging refers to packaging systems that can sense and communicate information about the product quality, safety, and freshness to the consumers or the supply chain network. These technologies are becoming more prevalent in the food and beverage industry, as well as other industries, due to their ability to improve food safety, reduce waste, and enhance the consumer experience. According to the latest data, the market size of the global active and intelligent packaging sector is expected to rise by USD 7.3 billion with a CAGR of 5.06% by the end of 2029.
The report covers market size and growth, segmentation, regional breakdowns, competitive landscape, trends and strategies for global active and intelligent packaging market. It presents a quantitative analysis of the market to enable stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities. The report also identifies top segments for opportunities and strategies based on market trends and leading competitors’ approaches.
This industry report offers market estimates and forecasts of the global market, followed by a detailed analysis of the category, and region. The global market for active and intelligent packaging can be segmented by category: active packaging, intelligent packaging. Active and intelligent packaging market is further segmented by region: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, MEA (Middle East and Africa), Latin America. North America is estimated to account for the largest share of the global active and intelligent packaging market.
The active packaging type market is further segmented into gas scavengers/emitters, moisture scavengers, microwave susceptors, others. The gas scavengers/emitters segment captured the largest share of the market in 2022 and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. Furthermore, the active packaging end-user market has been categorized into food, beverages, others. According to the research, the food segment had the largest share in the global active and intelligent packaging market. The intelligent packaging type market is further divided into coding and markings, antenna (RFID & NFC), sensors and output devices, others. The latest analysis indicates that the coding and markings segment occupied the largest share of this market in 2022 and is expected to draw the highest demand in coming years. The intelligent packaging end-user market is further segmented into food, beverage, pharmaceuticals, industrial, logistics, others. The food segment captured the largest share of the market in 2022 and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period.
By category: active packaging, intelligent packaging
By region: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, MEA (Middle East and Africa), Latin America
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the global active and intelligent packaging market with some of the key players being Amcor plc, Avery Dennison Corporation, Ball Corporation, Coveris Group, Crown Holdings, Inc., Desiccare Inc., Graphic Packaging International, Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Sealed Air Corporation, Westrock Company, among others. In this report, key players and their strategies are thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the market.
*REQUEST FREE SAMPLE TO GET A COMPLETE LIST OF COMPANIES
Scope of the Report
• To analyze and forecast the market size of the global active and intelligent packaging market.
• To classify and forecast the global active and intelligent packaging market based on category, region.
• To identify drivers and challenges for the global active and intelligent packaging market.
• To examine competitive developments such as mergers & acquisitions, agreements, collaborations and partnerships, etc., in the global active and intelligent packaging market.
• To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in the global active and intelligent packaging market.
Why Choose This Report
• Gain a reliable outlook of the global active and intelligent packaging market forecasts from 2023 to 2029 across scenarios.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Stay ahead of competitors through company profiles and market data.
• The market estimate for ease of analysis across scenarios in Excel format.
• Strategy consulting and research support for three months.
• Print authentication provided for the single-user license.